Friday 18 January 2013

Audience Expectations

To do some research into our target audience, I had to find out what people actually thought about horror films and what they expect to happen. I went around college and asked a few people a few questions about horror films, such as if they like horror films, what they like about them, if they would go to the cinema to watch one, what sort of things they would expect to see and what they would expect to see in the first two minutes.

 I asked specifically about the first 2 minutes because this is opening sequence part, which I will be making myself. By asking them what they would expect to see in the first 2 minutes gives me a good idea of what appeals to my target audience and what sort of things that I should make sure are included in my opening sequence. I filmed the people I spoked to and edited it together into a short video, here it is: 

AUDIENCE EXPECTATIONS VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment