Monday 28 January 2013

Marketablitiy

If my film was real and was going to be advertised I would need to think about my marketing campaign and methods. Since my target audience is between 15 - 24 years old, I need to choose methods of marketing which would suit my target audience and where they are most likely to see the advertisements. For example, there would be no point in putting an advert on BBC Radio 4 because this would not reach my target audience as they are not the age group that listen to Radio 4.

TV Adverts

A TV advert for my film would need to be aired on specific channels that my target audience watch. It would be no good for it be aired on a channel such as Nickelodeon or Disney Channel because the age group that mainly watch these channels wouldn't even be old enough to watch my film, so this would not be useful. I would need to put my advert on channels such as ITV, E4, Comedy Central and MTV. I would choose these channels because these are the channels that show TV shows that 15 -24 year old are most likely to watch. Therefore, if there was an advert for my film on these channels they would get seen by my target audience and then they would be aware of the film and hopefully get persuaded to go and watch it.

 Posters

Posters for my film would need to bold and eye-catching to be able to grab the attention of my audience's eye. I would place these posters in places like bus stops, colleges, and shops because these are the types of locations that my target audience is likely to see these posters because they go to them often. A good place would also be on the sides of buses because as people are walking down the street, they may see the poster on the side of a bus as it drives past or if it was stopped at a bus stop. Posters being in these locations would be useful because if they were out and about with friends or family, they could see the poster together and maybe make arrangements to go and watch it.













Social Networking Sites

Social Networking sites would be good sources for advertising my film because there are a very big amount of users on sites such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace. There are also a wide range of age groups which use these sight from the age of 13 onwards. 




I think advertising my film on social networking sites would be useful because it is an easy way to get people aware of my film and also lets people share posts and put status' for other people to see which were not aware. I would also like to advertise my film on Youtube because this website gets used everyday and there are always adverts playing before videos start. By doing this, it would make sure that the viewer the advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment